My NEW favourite Book Chat

Hello! 

Today I’m going to be talking about my favourite book chat! If you didn’t know, book chat is a thing we have where we get to pick out of a selection of books and get a set time to read it right now my book chat is ‘Saving Winslow’! Anyway into the book! The book I chose was……. Snot Chocolate! By Morris Gleitzman, so if you have read my previous posts you will see that my last favourite book chat was Once by Morris Gleitzman, back to Snot Chocolate! So this book is one of the more funny books he has written, it has multiple stories, within it my favourite was Kumquat May! This story was about a girl who was in a group with April and June, she would always bring her Grandma’s dumplings to school as all their breakfast but one day she found a new girl (July) had replaced her with… toast!? They told her they didn’t like her dumplings anymore, and she decided she wanted to make a comeback! When they made toast and jam for everyone in the school she decided to swap their jam for hers (it was kumquat jam) the school liked hers more, and the other girls  (April, June) regretted dumping her for July! That was only one of the stories it’s genre is humour! It’s was a hilarious read and I would recommend it to ages 8-14 maybe even to 15! I hope you enjoyed reading about my favourite book chat!

-Matilda